If you have an inkling to pick up the ukulele and learn how to play it, then chances are the only thing holding you back is figuring out which ukulele to invest in. With awareness of various types of ukuleles, and depending on their availability in music stores near you, the decision of which one to go for may become a challenge. If you are stuck in this spiral of confusion, then no need to worry. Here, you are going to learn all about the Kala Waterman Ukulele and whether it is worth your time and money. This ukulele has been a go-to for many beginners, and rightfully so.
To learn more about what the Kala Waterman Ukulele has to offer, read the detailed review below. This is sure to help you make your decision with minimal stress and disruptions. You can then kick start your ukulele playing journey with fun and excitement.
The Kala Waterman Ukulele
The Kala Waterman Ukulele is often referred to as a toy by many. This is because it is made of plastic. This material is not considered to be as sturdy or worth it as other ukuleles that are made of wood. However, this is not the case. The other additional features the Kala Waterman Ukulele offers are substantial enough to overshadow this one. Here are a few of them:
1. The Sound
The sound produced by the Kala Waterman Ukulele is very pleasant. It is quite powerful and connects deeply with the listener’s emotions and feelings. The music notes produced by this ukulele are sweet and charming. Once you listen to the Kala Waterman Ukulele, you will prefer listening to it over any other musical instrument. Here is a video you can watch to hear what the Kala Waterman Ukulele sounds like.
2. Its Water Proof
There is no need to be mindful of whether the humidity levels are adequate when it comes to the Kala Waterman Ukulele. Since it is made of plastic, it is quite waterproof. No wonder it has the term Waterman in its name!
3. Size and Design
The Kala Waterman Ukulele is a bit heavier than the soprano. It weighs around 13 ounces. In addition, it has a length of 20.75 inches as well. As for the design, the outer body is made of plastic that comes in a wide range of colors. This is one of the most attractive aspects of the Kala Waterman Ukulele. You can find one in almost any color. Moreover, the tuners are nickel-plated. This may not settle well with many as it can make it hard to play the Kala Waterman Ukulele, however, once you get used to playing it, the end result is quite spectacular.
The strings of this ukulele are made of Aquila super nylgut strings. This is what makes the Kala Waterman Ukulele sound so surreal. The extra round topping on the soundhole is also what gives this ukulele a distinct shape and sound.
4. The Playability
The Kala Waterman Ukulele has zero frets! This is what makes it stand out from the rest of the string instruments. Other types of ukuleles have frets that can loosen the strings over time. You may have even seen people adding toothpicks between the strings and neck at times. With this ukulele, there is no need to do any of that. The zero frets on this ukulele are going to save you from frequent restringing, that’s for sure! This also impacts the sound being produced.
While the Kala Waterman Ukulele has a lot of benefits to offer, there are some aspects that you should be wary of. Here are a few of them:
- The bridge plastic on the Kala Waterman Ukulele wears off quickly. Thus, it is best to avoid exposing this ukulele to harsh temperatures and chemicals.
- The Kala Waterman Ukulele may not be beginner-friendly for everyone. It can have tuners that are a bit challenging to adapt to. If you are someone who likes a little bit of a challenge and like to push yourself to reach new heights, then the Kala Waterman Ukulele should not give you much of a hard time as a beginner.
- The overall exterior of the Kala Waterman Ukulele has a glossy finish. This can make finger print quite visible after playing. Thus, requiring you to wipe down the surface with a microfiber cloth frequently.
Is the Kala Waterman Ukulele Worth the Investment?
The ukulele, especially the Kala Waterman Ukulele is a great choice for beginners. It comes with a wide range of benefits. Let’s have a look at some of them as follows:
- The ukulele is known to help relieve stress and anxiety. It is a great instrument to play if you wish to calm your nerves.
- You can improve your cognitive functioning by learning how to play the Kala Waterman Ukulele
- Muscle memory improvement is a given when you learn the ukulele
- The Kala Waterman Ukulele is quite easy to pick up on. You can learn how to play it within 3 to 6 months.
- The Kala Waterman Ukulele comes in a wide range of colors and designs. You can even get your hands on one that is glow in the dark,or neon colored.
- The Kala Waterman Ukulele looks great on any college application. It can help you stand out from the other candidates on the list
Invest in a Kala Waterman Ukulele Today!
A Kala Waterman ukulele is as fun to play as it looks. It adds color and life to any song being played, leaving the audience in awe. If you are passionate about learning how to play the ukulele, then the Kala Waterman ukulele is the ideal one that you should invest in. It’s durable and sure to last you a while. Who knows, it may be a vintage instrument one day when you make it big.
That’s not all, if you found this Kala Waterman Ukulele review useful, and wish to learn more about various other musical instruments, then we have got your back. At Musician Authority we provide articles, blogs, reviews, and guides on everything related to music. The content you are going to find on this platform is quite valuable, that’s for sure. We are your one-stop shop for learning about music, musical instruments, different types of music. Visit our website today and browse through the wide selection of articles today!