Nothing beats playing your acoustic guitar, so why not amplify that sound for all to hear!
Acoustic guitar amplifiers are the best thing for anyone wanting the boost their sound and tone whilst playing, but some may not know where to start.
As an acoustic guitar does not hold electronic components, you cannot just get any amp. Where should you start? To help, we have put together a guide of the best acoustic guitar amps to get you started.
The Fender Acoustic 100 Guitar Amplifier is made for your guitar and vocals. Its “natural blonde” color is eye catching and its speaker is guaranteed to produce a clear sound.
Plug in a USB jack for easy streaming and recording.
- Natural sound – this amp produces a beautiful natural sound to enhance your acoustic guitar’s performance.
- Size – this is a large amp making is perfect for stage performances.
- Lightweight – this amplifier is easier to carry around due to its light weight.
- Loudness – this is not a loud amplifier; it only has a single 8” speaker.
- 100 W Amplifier specifically designed for acoustic guitar and vocals
- Bluetooth connectivity to stream audio from your phone
- 8" full-range speaker with "whizzer" cone for enhanced clarity
- Onboard professional sounding digital effects
- USB Jack for streaming or recording audio to a computer
The Orange Crush Acoustic 30 is a reliable, battery powered amplifier holding a variety of features to boost the quality of your acoustic guitar.
Use the two channels for your guitar and vocals and have fun hearing the sounds it produces.
- Color – this amplifier comes in a distinguishable vibrant orange making it an eye catching and unique product.
- Practical – the amp is practical thanks to its small size and functionality.
- Tone – the speaker has a great tone, perfect for enhancing the sound of the acoustic guitar.
- Controls – the amp’s controls have room for improvement.
- 2-channel Acoustic Guitar/Vocal Amplifier with 8" Speaker
- Wall/Battery Operation - Classic Orange
- FX Loop
This amplifier comes with effects including a harmonizer, delay, chorus, reverb and looper and is supplied with two separate channels (one for the mic, the other for the guitar).
The Boss Acoustic Singer Live is deemed as a professional device made to enhance your sound with the greatest quality.
- Build quality – this is a heavy amp, built strong for a good quality piece of equipment.
- Features – its features work great to enhance your musical sound.
- Style – the boss acoustic singer live has a unique, vintage look which brings style to your setup.
- Power – this amp is not powerful enough to use in every setting and requires an additional clipping to help its sound.
- Professional acoustic guitar amp with premium sound and features
- 60–watt bi-amp design with custom-designed 6. 5-inch woofer and dome tweeter
- Guitar and mic channels with discrete analog input electronics and independent three-band EQs
- Acoustic Resonance (three types) on guitar channel restores natural tone to stage guitars with piezo pickups
- Enhance effect on mic channel for full, well-defined vocal tones
The Donner 16W Acoustic Guitar Amp is an affordable piece of equipment designed to last. Use this to enhance the sound of your acoustic guitar featuring two channels (one for the instrument and the other for the mic).
This is a great product which can be used anywhere and is suitable for acoustic-electric guitar practice.
- Versatile – this amp is great when it comes to its versatility; it can be used outdoors, indoors, during performances or amongst a small group of friends.
- Trustworthy brand – this is a brand to trust who puts your concerns first; they offer a 1 year warranty as well as a guaranteed money back policy.
- Clear speaker – the speaker on the amplifier is clear enough to be used anywhere.
- Not for professional musicians – if you are looking to perform with an amplifier on a professional level, it is recommended to choose a larger amp.
- The DGA-1 features a 6.5-inch Special Design speaker .Two channels (instrument, mic) with individual volume controls. Chorus effect on instrument channel.
- Donner Amplifier is ideal for electric-acoustic guitar practice, street performance, karaoke with friends, band performance, outdoors playing.
- 1/4" Instrument Input, 3-Band EQ, XLR Input for a microphone, and 1/4" Headphone Output Jack for Silent Practice.
- The edge is surrounded by metal material, protecting the amplifier from damage and pad of rubber makes it stand safe and stable
- 1 Year Warranty and 30 Days Unconditional Money Back Guarantee Backed Up By Our Awesome Customer Support , you can rest assured to buy our products.
The Coolmusic Acoustic Guitar Amplifier comes in two colors, black and white, as well as having two channels to plug your instruments into and a Bluetooth feature. Use your amplifier and play with music from your smartphone, laptop or tablet.
- Portable – this is the perfect amp for moving from place to place; it is small, easy to transport and efficient.
- Lightweight – its light weight makes this a practical purchase.
- Sound – the sound is loud and clear for its small size.
- Restrictions – this amp is ideal for buskers or lone playing yet is not as suitable for using on stage or for a performance.
- 【30 Watt】: Portable acoustic guitar amplifier 1:1 restore the guitar tone, 30 Watts output and 6.5 inch speaker, providing you with professional and powerful guitar sound.
- 【2 Channel】: It is able to plug in 2 different instruments together, such as guitar, microphone, etc, and the microphone channel is embedded 2-band EQ(bass/treble) adjustment and reverb effect to achieve voice modification function.
- 【Bluetooth】: Compatible with most BT devices, such as smartphone, tablet, laptop and so on, you can play accompaniment music while do guitar practice or enjoy the fun of music listening.
- Rechargeable】: Built-in large capacity rechargeable battery, 3 hours charging time and 4-8 hours working time, no need of external power supply, just enjoy the music anytime anywhere.
- 【Portable】: With delicate wooden shell and compact size design, the guitar amplifier can be easily carried anywhere via the strap, which makes it quite suitable for travel use.
This 60 watt Fisherman amplifier is ideal for all, coming with 2 channels, phase control and reverb and chorus effects. Hear your acoustic guitar play through a high quality amp delivering a clear sound and plenty of tone.
- Lightweight – this amp is lightweight making is convenient to carry.
- Bluetooth – the amp comes with a great Bluetooth feature promoting its versatility.
- Durable – its great quality (both through sound and structure) makes this a durable piece of equipment.
- Case – the case which comes with the amplifier is of low quality.
- Master Volume: Yes; Phase Control: Yes
- Wattage: 60 Watts; Channels: 2 Channels
- Effects: Reverb & Chorus; Weight: 21.2 pounds
- Inputs: 1/4 inch Input, Mic Input, 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch Aux Inputs; Output: D.I. Output
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
Make your color choice of either black or rosewood with this great acoustic chorus guitar amp. This is the world’s first battery powered amp, perfect with acoustic guitarists who want to enhance their sound.
As well as this, this natural 30 watt acoustic guitar amp includes features such reverb, chorus and ambience effects.
- Portable – due to it being battery powered, it has the ability to be portable allowing you to take your amp on the go.
- Quality – the amp is strong and well-built making it a great quality product.
- Versatile – decide to have the amp powered by battery or by a cable.
- Power – this amp is ideal for a beginner or for intimate use; its sound quality is not powerful enough for performance use.
- 30 watts (15W+15W) of natural, stereo acoustic sound through twin speakers
- Runs on AC power or eight AA batteries (accepts rechargeable NiMH types)
- Dual-channel configuration: Guitar and Mic/Line channel
- Reverb, chorus, and ambience effects (Ambience adds spatial, 3D-type depth to the sound)
- Phrase Looper with 40 seconds of record time
The Yamaha THR5 Amp is ideal for guitarists looking to practice their talent. This is an amplifier made to enhance your instrument’s sound in the comfort of your space whether that be at home or backstage practicing.
- Effects – this amp comes with a variety of handy effects including reverb, echo, chorus, flanger, phaser, compressor and noise gate.
- App – an app is including with the amp as an additional feature.
- Sound quality – this product has an amazing sound quality.
- Size – its small size can be off-putting to some people.
- Includes FREE Cubase AI music production software from Steinberg
This 40 watt guitar amplifier is the perfect device to accompany you when playing. What makes this amplifier so unique is how it works side by side with their app allowing it to understand your style as a guitarist.
Including starter preset programs, a built in turner and many other features, this is an amp which will not let you down.
- Multipurpose – this is a combo amp mean that it can be used for several instruments including the acoustic guitar, bass guitar and electric guitar.
- Efficient – the positive grid spark guitar amplifier is very efficient through its use of the app.
- Responsive – this amplifier is great for its quality and responsiveness.
- Muffled sound – although overall the sound is acceptable, it can come across as producing too much bass.
- Smart Jam learns your style and feel, generating authentic bass and drums to accompany you
- Access to 10,000+ amp-and-FX presets on ToneCloud, powered by PositiveGrid’s BIAS realistic virtual tube amps and effects for Guitar, Acoustic or Bass
- Import your music from Spotify, Apple Music or YouTube and Spark’s smart app will auto display the guitar chords in real time
- Powerhouse 40 Watt combo includes onboard tone stack controls, effects, tone starter preset programs, a built-in tuner, tap tempo and more
- Use Spark as your USB audio interface and track your ideas with included PreSonus Studio One Prime recording software
The Huntington Acoustic Guitar Amplifier is a great amp at a great price. This 10 watt mini amp includes 5 control knobs with a middle, bass and boost option.
This is the perfect choice for anyone in need of a small amp that will get the job done.
- Beginner friendly – this is the perfect amplifier for beginners everywhere as it is small, simple and great value.
- Sound – the amp has a clear tone and is loud for its small size.
- Quality – this is a good quality amp for its price and size.
- Has a small buzz as it is turned on.
- Huntington 10-Watt Mini Amp
- Includes 5 control knobs and gain
- Includes volume and treble
- Includes middle, bass, and boost option
- Includes a headphone jack and guitar input jack
Before rushing into purchasing you want to be sure that you know exactly what you are getting. In order to have a good acoustic guitar amplifier there are boxes which need to be checked.
With our helpful buyer’s guide, we will be guiding you through a list of things which need to be considered before purchasing your acoustic guitar amp.
This is to ensure that you do not regret your choice or run into any trouble in the long run.
The purpose of an amplifier is to enhance your instrument’s sound, so ensuring the sound quality is good is one of the most important things.
When playing your guitar, you want the amplifier to enhance the sound and tone of your instrument and highlight its quality sound.
On some occasions do you find amps muffling the sound or not producing the guitar on a loud enough scale; this creates an opposite effect of what an amp should do.
The quality of an amplifier’s sound is particularly important for musicians wanting to do live performances or busk in front of a crowd, but with a low quality amp the musician’s talent will be muffled.
Make sure that you are choosing something that will show your talent.
Value For Money
There are plenty of acoustic guitar amps out there which are of great quality, however that does not necessarily mean that it is good value for money.
For example, you may find an amplifier which ticks all the right boxes however is overpriced for the size it is. You may end up finding another with the same great qualities at a lower price and a decent size.
In order to ensure that you are getting your money’s worth, be sure to compare your top choice with others alike. You don’t want to miss out on a great deal!
Weight is a very important factor to consider. Before choosing your amp, think about how you will be using it, how often, and where.
If you will just be using your amplifier for personal use in your home then the weight of your amplifier is not too important. However, if you are planning to use the amp for busking or gigs, you should try looking for one which is lightweight.
This is so that it is easier to maneuver and transport your gear without any problems. A lightweight amp allows a convenience which you cannot attain with a heavier one.
This also links to the size of your amp. For a lighter amplifier, look for a smaller size.
When searching for your amp it is essential to also look into the brand. Although you can search based on brand alone, you can also choose your amplifier blind then do research on the brand based on what you have chosen.
You want to make sure that the company is reliable and trustworthy. Questions you should consider include: Does the company have a warranty? What are their customer reviews like? What is their returns policy?
As well as this, look at reviews for their other items to get a taste of what their customer service is like.
Anything can happen to your acoustic guitar amp once it is purchased, so you want to be reassured that this company is able to protect you if any hiccups occur.
Appearance isn’t a deal breaker, but it does help. Amplifiers are bulky objects and because of this it is a guarantee that your amp will be left out in full view.
Since this is the case, you want your amp to look good with a cutting-edge appearance. There are plenty of amps out there ranging in different sizes, designs and colors.
Choose one that you know you will be happy about right now and in the future.
Beginner VS Professional
Are you a beginner of the acoustic guitar or are you a long term professional player? This is the question you should be thinking about before choosing your amplifier.
If you are a professional then choose an amp which you know will suit your style and suit your needs.
If you are new to the acoustic guitar, however, you don’t need to worry too much about the specifics when it comes to your amplifier.
For your first amp, choose something basic and reasonably priced. Ensure that the amp is of a decent quality, has all the necessary features and will help you on your acoustic journey and avoid anything too fancy.
It is important to find a piece of equipment that is catered to your needs and is appropriate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Choose The Size Of My Amp?
Choosing the right sized amp is important. To know which sized amp is the best fit for you, consider why you need this amp. Are you planning to use your amp on stage for a performance or in front of a crowd?
If so, you will be needing a bigger amp. On the other hand, you may be a beginner or just want the amp for pleasure to play in your room. If this is the case for you, you will only need a small amp.
Can My Acoustic Guitar Be Plugged Into Any Amp?
For a regular acoustic guitar, you cannot plug you’re the instrument into an amp as it doesn’t have the electronic capabilities.
However, you are able to purchase an acoustic electric guitar. With one of these instruments, you are free to plug it into any amp. One good one is the bass guitar amp as they both share many of the same qualities.
Is It Worth Investing In An Acoustic Electric Guitar?
An acoustic electric guitar is definitely worth investing in. The instrument is just like your classic acoustic guitar yet with additional features including a magnetic pickup.
This type of guitar is used commonly by those performing on stage as there is volume to this instrument compared to the traditional acoustic guitar.
As well as this, the acoustic electric guitar is helpful in terms of buying an amp. You have less restrictions for this guitar has a slot to plug your lead in and connect to any amp.
This article has explored the acoustic guitar amp, listing the best options to choose from as well as highlighting the pros and cons. When purchasing an amp for your acoustic guitar, it can be a lot to take in.
With so many styles, sizes, functions and brands, it can be difficult to know where to start on your search. We have cumulated a list of our favorite amps in order to help guide you in the right direction.
An amp is there to enhance the sound of your guitar and specific features are put in place to make improvements on your performance. However, not all amps are the same; some are more reliable than others.
Our list provides a fair representation of the acoustic guitar amp highlighting both the good and the bad.
To finish, we also created a helpful buyer’s guide. This guide is put in place to show you what needs to be avoided and what to look out for.
It is also there to stop you from making any purchases that you will later regret. Consider weight, brand, appearance, sound, pricing, guitar level and plenty of other components.
Once you have considered these factors, you can then choose the right guitar amp for you.
Overall, whatever you do decide to choose is down to the individual alone, their style and what they are comfortable with. Find something that makes you comfortable and that you know will last.